Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fix for Samsung Focus beeping issue

For the last couple of days my Windows Phone have been very sick. It would not go to sleep when the power button was pressed. And when I unmuted the sound, I discovered that it was beeping incessantly.

This was happening only when the device was on battery power. When I plugged it in, it behaved correctly. At first I assumed that it has something to do with the battery. Rebooting the device and removing/reinserting the battery did not help, however.

The sound that it was making though was the same as the one for connecting the power. So I looked closely at the USB power connector in the phone, and discovered that the signal carrier was bent and was touching the walls of the adapter. I straightened it with a tiny screwdriver, and the problem disappeared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. We had the same issue with my wife's phone and your post helped us solve it.

Fellow 'softie.