Thursday, June 18, 2009

Talking to a wall... (via Reddit)

In Jerusalem, a female journalist heard about an old Jew who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, everyday, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out. She goes to the Western Wall and there he is! She watches him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turns to leave, she approaches him for an interview.
"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"
"For about 50 years."
"50 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"
"I pray for peace between the Jews and the Arabs. I pray for all the hatred to stop and I pray for our children to grow up in safety and friendship."
"How do you feel after doing this for 50 years?"
"Like I'm talking to a fuckin' wall."

http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/8tkf8/in_jerusalem_a_female_journalist_heard_about_an/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling...

Илья Казначеев said...

*I* know the anecdote.
Translation made it worse.

Anonymous said...

<3 it

Henry James Stewart Coats said...

People are amazing creatures.

Isaac Lederman for example.